This page collects information about Richmond Players’ August 2017 production of Beauty and the Beast.
Inquiries relating to auditions or the production can be directed to our Director, Josie Dwyer at email@example.com
To obtain other files, you can click the individual links below, or download the collected files as archives with these two links:
All the Beauty and the Beast documents (4Mb, ZIP file)
All the Beauty and the Beast backing tracks (21Mb, ZIP file)
Auditions are being held for:
- Leads and Adult Ensemble (involving a group movement audition and individual singing/acting auditions)
- Chip and Child Ensemble (involving a group movement/singing audition)
- Featured Dancers (involving a dance/group singing audition)
- Friday March 24: 7pm to 10pm
- Saturday March 25: 9am to 8pm
- Sunday March 26: 9am to 12pm
- Tuesday March 28: 7pm to 10pm
- Friday March 31 from 7pm (Callbacks)
All auditions are being held at the Richmond School of Arts
Booking an audition
- Visit https://richmondplayers.setmore.com/ and select a 10 minute timeslot for your individual audition.
- Download a Word version of the Audition Form (docx). Complete your Audition Form (either inserting into it or attaching a photo/headshot of yourself), print it out and bring it to your audition.
- Download the backing practice music for the role/s you wish to audition for.
- If you are auditioning for one of the larger roles, you should also download/familiarise yourself with the Beauty and the Beast Side/s (script extract) for that role/s. This will be used as the acting component of your audition.
- Don’t forget that leads and adult ensemble must attend the Group Movement Audition on Sunday March 26 at 2.15pm in addition to their individual singing audition. Chip and child ensemble must attend the Child Audition on Sun March 26 at 12.30pm. Featured Dancers must attend the Dance Audition on Sun March 26 at 3.30pm. You do NOT need to book for the group/movement sessions.
- Belle: A song of your choice plus Something There (download sheet music)
- Beast: A song of your choice plus If I Can’t Love Her (download sheet music)
- Gaston: A song of your choice plus Me (download sheet music)
- Lumiere: Be Our Guest (download sheet music and please speak the dialogue before the song)
- LeFou: Gaston (download sheet music).
Dialogue: “Ma chere, Mademoiselle it is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the Dining Room proudly presents your dinner!”
- Maurice: No Matter What (download sheet music)
- Cogsworth: Human Again (download sheet music)
- Mrs Potts: Beauty and the Beast (download sheet music)
- Madame de la Grande Bouche (Wardrobe) /Babette: Human Again (download sheet music)
- Monsieur DÁrque: Maison des Lunes (download sheet music)
- Silly Girls: Belle (download sheet music)
- Chip/Adult Ensemble/Child Ensemble/Featured Dancers: Be Our Guest (lines listed below, download sheet music)
Be our guest, Be our guest
Our command is your request
It’s ten years since we had anybody here
And we’re obsessed
With your meal, with your ease
Yes, indeed, we aim to please
While the candlelight’s still glowing
Let us help you, we’ll keep going
The following characters will also need to download the Beauty and the Beast Sides (audition dialogue)
- Mrs Potts